freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection Errors...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection Errors...
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:36:45 -0400

Rick Conner wrote:
> >If you don't specify a database name when you connect, that field in
> >the login packet is empty.
>
> So are you saying that the database name is not being sent?

Yes, it's not being sent, and that's normal. dbopen() doesn't have a
database name parameter. I can't remember a way for an application to
specify the database name at connect time. It's not causing you any
grief.

It looks like you and Daniel are on to something with your local
configuration. I can't be of much use to you with PHP specifics.