freetds - Re: [freetds] login problem with sql 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] login problem with sql 2000
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 12:28:53 +0200

Il giorno dom, 19/06/2005 alle 05.25 -0400, Jeremy Kister ha scritto:
> On 6/19/2005 5:10 AM, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> > Port 139 and 445 are for SMB/CIFS services (NT Named Pipes use these
> > protocols). Port 1433 is mssql protocol port (supported by FreeTDS), if
> > you can telnet to 1433 you can make a direct connection to mssql without
> > NT Named Pipes.
> >
> >> is there reasoning against setting the "Send LM & NTLM responses", as
> >> the FreeTDS site suggests ?
> >>

> > Simply FreeTDS do not still support NTLM2.
>
> Are you suggesting that following the directions at
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/domains.htm should fix my problem?
>
> I'm confused, because I can talk on 1433, and you say I dont need NT
> Named Pipes.

The problem is that mssql report "Not associated with a trusted
SQL Server connection" error for a lot of reasons. Wrong domain, user or
password or wrong ntlm version can cause also this error. In this case
the fact that FreeTDS report this error means that you connected to the
server but something went wrong during login. The better way to test
connection is to use (in this case) tsql

tsql -H <yourip> -p 1433 -U '<yourdomain>\<yourpassword>' -P
'<yourpassword>'