freetds - Re: [freetds] Can't 'make check' - installing freetds 0.63 - new problem :(

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Can't 'make check' - installing freetds 0.63 - new problem :(
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 20:52:09 -0400

James K. Lowden wrote:

> The test fails if the account doesn't have permission to create a table.
>
> The choice of database in which the table is (or would be) created is
> governed by the DB variable in the PWD file. If you can't create the
> table, it should still fail -- because it can't verify that the
> functionality works -- but it should give you a clue as to why.

Bill,

AFAICT, the message handling in src/ctlib/unittests/common.c is a little
broken. It seems like all the callback functions exist, but nothing
installs them. Do you remember if this used to work and is now broken, or
was it never completed?

I don't mind fixing it (great ct-lib expert that I am), but it'd be nice
to know the status.