freetds - RE: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 09:48:39 -0600

> The correct server name can be obtained from the odbc.ini
> file by specifying the keys "server"' and "address".
> "address" is used to determine the host name/ip address of
> the database server and "server" is used as the name sent off
> with the login packet.
>
> See my earlier email on this...
>
> The DSQUERY came out when I was digging into the code to see
> where the "SYBASE" default name came from.

I can confirm that this works. Do not define "Servername" in odbc.ini

Instead specify Server, Address and Port keys. If you do not specify
"port" key it defaults to 4000.

Sample odbc.ini entry

[ASA7]
Description = ASA Sybase
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Server = [ASA server name]
Address = [IP address of the ASA server]
Port = 2638
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/odbc_sql.log

This is much better than using DSQUERY. For one you can specify
connections to multiple ASA servers ;)

James, Lorne, thank you very much!

......CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE......
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This
email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named
above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete
this email from your system. Thank You.