freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: lsunley AT mb.sympatico.ca
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:21:47 -0500

In <20041107221836.67963521.jklowden AT schemamania.org>, on 11/07/04
at 10:18 PM, "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org> said:

>"Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com> wrote:
>>
>> This worked!
>>
>> Thank you all very much

The correct server name can be obtained from the odbc.ini file by
specifying the keys "server"' and "address". "address" is used to
determine the host name/ip address of the database server and "server" is
used as the name sent off with the login packet.

See my earlier email on this...

The DSQUERY came out when I was digging into the code to see
where the "SYBASE" default name came from.

>From the look of the code a key of "servername" will read the .conf file
to locate information for the specified server in the conf file. Kind of
convoluted. I am changing the ODBC configuration in OS/2 to allow the
explicit setting of server, address, and servername (maybe with some kind
of documentation..... :-)

Looking at the SQLDriverConnect code (that calls
odbc_parse_connect_string) the "address" key is not processed so the
"server" key can only point to the server host name, but it should be
passed along in the login packet. The key "servername" passed in the
connect string will read the .conf file.

Lorne

lsunley AT mb.sympatico.ca