freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:49:46 -0500

"Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com> wrote:
> I absolutely have to figure it out. I have to be able to connect to ASA
> from PHP on Linux platform. What can I do to help? Should I mobilize
> unixodbc people? Can I use anything other than unixodbc to connect?
> Looks like php sybase works with ASE, not ASA. Are there any other
> freetds ASA ODBC drivers I can use? (forgive me for breach of loyalty)

Well, don't be shocked if Frediano offers a patch pretty soon. It
wouldn't be the first time. But I don't want to speak for him.

The unixODBC folks could send us a patch, I suppose, just as anyone else
can, but it's a low-level problem in our driver. It would take them
awhile, and it's not their problem or their code.

Meanwhile, are you sure PHP sybase doesn't work with ASA? I can't see
what the matter would be; they're going through FreeTDS all the same.

(It would be cool, and is technically feasible, to open a connection with
one library and continue processing it with another, something like
fdopen(3). But we don't support that. Yet.)

HTH.