freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase ASA 7, unixODBC problem
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 23:58:07 -0500

"Gene Dymarskiy" <gagarin AT i-dep.com> wrote:
> Should I download the latest snapshot, apply the patch, uninstall
> whatever I currently have, and install the patched version?

That would be a fine plan. You're OK with patch(1)?

I didn't apply my one-liner to CVS because I haven't tested it and am not
sure it exactly works. I just know I'm in the right ballpark.

> My original
> install is with RPM. Does it change anything?

I'm the wrong guy to ask about RPMs. I suppose it means when you run the
'configure' script, you'll want to mimic the settings. If you have a
source RPM, you could look at the 'configure' line in the .spec file.
Someone else here may be able to offer better advice.

HTH.