freetds - Re: [freetds] Wide varchar() columns / freetds / ctlib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Wide varchar() columns / freetds / ctlib
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 08:15:49 -0500

"Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com> wrote:
> Here's whats in the toplevel TODO file... wiuth my comments.

Thanks, Bill. I updated TODO in CVS. Here's what's left for ct-lib:

. dynamic placeholders (DBD::Sybase)
. ct_option() calls (CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, among others)
. async function, async calls (dbpoll() and friends)
. support all type of bind in ct_bind (CS_VARBINARY_TYPE and other)
search "site:.sybase.com CS_VARBINARY ct_bind" on google for more info
. complete sqlstate and other field in message (for Python)

I understand that async support is a big deal. A non-trivial (but small
and useful) part would be getting timeouts working correctly. Something I
hope to get to next year.