freetds - RE: [freetds] Wide varchar() columns / freetds / ctlib

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Wide varchar() columns / freetds / ctlib
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:56:34 -0000

Hi James,

Here's whats in the toplevel TODO file... wiuth my comments.

ct-lib
. dynamic placeholders (DBD::Sybase)
BILL - still to be completed, unit test lang_ct_param.c does not fully
work with TDS 7/8,
and we have no (working) support for the ct_dynamic() API...

. DBD::Sybase uses the ct_command(CS_RPC_CMD) and ct_param()
BILL - DONE, I believe. see unittests/rpc_ct_param.c

. ct_option() calls (CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, among others)
BILL - These at least are still a TODO (should be very easy, though)

. cs_calc and cs_cmp, for sybperl
BILL - still a TODO

. ct_get/send_data()
BILL - DONE

. Array binding for ctlib not working
BILL - DONE

. async function, async calls (dbpoll() and friends)
BILL - still a (massive, but in my view unnecessary) TODO

. bcp support to ctlib
BILL - DONE

. support all type of bind in ct_bind (CS_VARBINARY_TYPE and other)
search "site:.sybase.com CS_VARBINARY ct_bind" on google for more info
BILL - I'll look into this...

. support ct_command/CS_SEND_DATA_CMD, now crash
(see
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-cn/cng1000e/ref/@Generic__Bo
okTextView/50456)
BILL - DONE

. complete sqlstate and other field in message (for Python)
BILL - still a TODO