freetds - RE: [freetds] ODBC - binary, row count and compatibility

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ODBC - binary, row count and compatibility
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 15:27:12 -0000

Freddy

> Does Microsoft's version stop at the first DONEINPROC?

Yes. Assume that server return large text/image data on select, client
cannot cache all rows so it has to stop at first recordset (I tested and
it stops even if recordset is empty).

Stopping at the first result set is not the same as stopping at the first
DONEINPROC

There may be DONEINPROC with no result set...

Bill