freetds - RE: [freetds] UCS-2, UTF-16...does it work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: brian AT bruns.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] UCS-2, UTF-16...does it work?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:36:05 -0800 (PST)

AFAIK, most unix unicode is done using UTF-8. Is UCS-2
a hard requirement for you or just unicode?

Depending on your situation, you could allow FreeTDS to
convert UCS-2 to UTF-8 and make your application
convert it back to UCS-2 (not an ideal solution I
admit, but better than none at all).

Brian

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 13:19:44 -0500, "Rogers, Tom" wrote:

> Sorry, I was trying to describe our macro strategy.
> Yes, for Linux/SQL 2K
> FreeTDS is our trump card and we are hoping that
> NVARCHAR/UCS-2 will work
> for us, though I have read the FAQ and users guide and
> see that it probably
> won't. I guess I am asking for current
> work-in-progress status for
> supporting UCS-2. Thanks.
>
> Thomas Rogers
> System Engineer
> Concurrent Computer Corporation
> > phone: 215.712.7422 x7261
> >

> The information contained herein is proprietary and
> confidential and should
> be treated in accordance with the Non-Disclosure
> Agreement and any
> Amendments to said Agreement executed between the
> discloser and recipient.
> If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy
> of this information
> is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
> information in error,
> please immediately notify discloser, and then destroy
> the information
> contained herein. Thank you.

talk
> to Oracle databases!
> FreeTDS can only talk to databases that support the
TDS