freetds - RE: [freetds] UCS-2, UTF-16...does it work?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] UCS-2, UTF-16...does it work?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:40:38 -0000

Tom,

The obvious gotcha is that FreeTDS is not going to talk to Oracle databases!
FreeTDS can only talk to databases that support the TDS protocol.
This means Sybase and SQL Server primarily.

I'll let someone better qualified to talk to the character sets issue, but
the latest work on FreeTDS is aimed at this sort of requirement.

Bill