freetds - RE: [freetds] Status

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Status
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:02:31 -0000

Il ven, 2003-12-05 alle 18:56, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

Seem good... Where can I found a "DocBook guide for lazy boy" ?? :)

> > - ct_dynamic. Code is in CVS... do we need some tests ?
>
> That would be a good idea. Can you adapt something from the ODBC tests?

I don't know... I don't know ct-lib that much... :(

..

> [ODBC issues]
>
> I'm going to re-write and reorganize the ODBC documentation, since I've been
> complaining about it for, oh, a year or more, and no one's stepped forward.
> We discussed a better organization; I'll look over those notes. One goal is
> to make clear the relationship of odbc.ini and freetds.conf. Another is to
> separate DM issues. We need separate sections for setups that use odbc.ini
> + freetds.conf, odbc.ini only, and freetds.conf only. And I think the
> nomenclature should reflect the "only-ness" rather than the "-less" names we
> use now. If we say, "You can set up your ODBC connection using only
> odbc.ini", we shouldn't call that a "conf-less" setup.

That came from DSN-less. DSN-less is used in ODBC terminology so we
extend it to freetds.conf-less... Perhaps as Steve suggests we should
encourage to avoid the use of freetds.conf and use
"freetds.conf-ness"...
Usually however is easy to test FreeTDS with tsql and configure odbc to
point to freetds.conf server...

> According to api_status.txt, you're about 80% done! Who knew? That means
> there's only about 80% left to do!
>
> It's not clear to me anymore which API is the "weak sister". If Bill and I
> can get the bulk-copy stuff moved into libbpc (instead of db-lib), we'll be
> in a position to support bulk-copy from any API.

Good question... dblib has BCP while ct-lib has cursors...

> > - appendix C. Is there a way to put all GNU license in a
> > single page ??
>
> Probably. I don't see why we should do that. If we decide to offer the UG
> with a variety of html chunkings, we'd want Appendix C to follow the same
> arrangement as the main text.

Simply cause license is a unique document... I don't know if you can
split legal material as you want...

bye