freetds - Re: [Re: [freetds] Status]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Orton <sorton9999 AT usa.net>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Re: [freetds] Status]
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2003 12:20:24 -0500

Gentlemen, (any ladies out there?),

I'd like to get in on this thread. Being a novice user who is rapidly
becoming an educated novice user, it seems to me that adding another file that
needs to be set up (freetds.conf) was/is very confusing. This file should be
left "under the covers" to the average user as it just adds another layer to
an already confusing aspect of ODBC and it took me a while to get it straight.
I believe OpenLink uses TDS and they leave their "freetds.conf" file
invisible. I think that "odbc.ini-only" functionality by default would be
very advantageous.
I'd just like to add that this product is very important to the ODBC
community and the quality of the software and developers is extemely high. Oh
yes and lets not forget about the documentation. Kudos goes out to it as
well.

steve---

"Steve Murphree" <smurph AT smcomp.com> wrote:

> [...]
Period.