freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql fails on HP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql fails on HP
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:01:56 -0000

> > If --disable-treadsafe helps, great, that's one solution. Since we've got
> > one HP flavor working with threads, it doesn't seem beyond hope that we
> > might get yours functioning, too, if that's a priority for you .
>
> I used '--enable-threadsafe' and that cleared up the seg-fault
> problem. I'm running into some errors during 'make check' on
> most of the platforms I built for. I'm presently trying to
> make sure my configurations are correct and then I'll have to
> look into root-causing them perhaps because it seems these
> new freeTDS libs + DBD::Sybase are not dropping in as transparantly
> as anticipated.

Hi Rob.
I don't understand why you had to enable threadsafe while someone else
have to disable it !!! threadsafe should usually be enabled (it's the
default configuration), disabling it can cause problems in thread
environments...

About "make check"... FreeTDS unlike many other projects require some
configurations in order to execute successfully "make check" you can't
just:
- download
- unpack
- configure
- make
- make check
!!!
You must configure a sql server to connect and check. Usually it require
to copy freetds.conf (from source) to your $HOME/.freetds.conf,
configure a server, edit PWD file (in source directory) and execute
"make check". In order to test ODBC too you must also set odbcinst.ini
(or ignore connect test error) and odbc.ini (with the same server name
used in freetds.conf).