freetds - Re: [freetds] tsql fails on HP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert A Nesius <rnesius AT ichips.intel.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] tsql fails on HP
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:52:57 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, James K. Lowden wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Robert A Nesius <rnesius AT ichips.intel.com> wrote:
> > > config.h is correct...
> > > Does program still core calling getpwuid_r ??
> > > I checked also tds_get_homedir source (CVS version and seems
> > > correct...).
> >
> > Er, do you want me to verify that against the latest nightly
> > source dump? I haven't changed anything since I sent you this
> > information, and I haven't been able to get it to work on
> > HPUX 11.00.
>
> You're using a pretty recent tarball IIRC. That'll do until we update the
> configure script.
>
> I think Frediano's interested in your config.h to compare it with his
> (working) one. It will show which functions you're using and their
> signatures, or at least what the configure script thinks are their
> signatures.
>
> If --disable-treadsafe helps, great, that's one solution. Since we've got
> one HP flavor working with threads, it doesn't seem beyond hope that we
> might get yours functioning, too, if that's a priority for you .

I used '--enable-threadsafe' and that cleared up the seg-fault
problem. I'm running into some errors during 'make check' on
most of the platforms I built for. I'm presently trying to
make sure my configurations are correct and then I'll have to
look into root-causing them perhaps because it seems these
new freeTDS libs + DBD::Sybase are not dropping in as transparantly
as anticipated.

-Rob

--
#include <sig.h>
Robert Nesius rnesius AT ichips.intel.com 503.712.2181