freetds - [freetds] Newbie Install Questions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Duncan Boan <dboan AT shaw.ca>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Newbie Install Questions
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 12:40:56 -0800

I have been unable to configure and install successfully. The config.log file contains numerous 'failed program' entries - I don't know whether that is normal or not. When I try testing with tsql the only response I get is 'segmentation fault'. I have read the documentation several times, but evidently I am missing something. I am running redhat 7.0. This is what I have done:
1. ./configure --with-tdsver=4.2 (I have also tried 7.0)
2. make
3. make install (as root)
4. created an entry in freetds.conf for a spcified sql server using ip address and port 1443
5. export $SYBASE=/usr/local
6. ./tsql -H ip address -p 1443 -U my username -P

I have also tried ./tsql
I have also tried ./tsql -S server name -U my username -P

The result in each instance is core dump.

I also tried configuring with prefix=/usr/local/freetds , but returned to the default configuration to eliminate the need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I have also tried it on another server runing redhat 7.3, but the result is the same.

Thank you for any suggestions you may be able to provide!

Duncan