freetds - Re: [freetds] Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Installation Problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Gilmore-Baldwin <jbaldwin AT theolympian.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Installation Problems
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:23:23 -0800

I'm surprised by this, since I didn't run into trouble using DBD::Sybase after I installed. (I just verified by running a script.)

However, I did run into problems with other tools using iconv. I found that Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) requires a -liconv in the link phase, and I'm guessing linux does not. I've just been manually adding that into the link phase and moving along my happy way. This worked for me with sqsh.

My script begins like such:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use DBI;