freetds - Re: [freetds] Windows compile not working

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Windows compile not working
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:45:52 -0500

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 20:43:50 +0200, Linus <Linus AT mccabe.nu> wrote:
> > Anyway, until I hear from you again, Ill try focusing on the invalid
> > argument to select() and see if I can figure out where that comes from
> > and if that might be the cause of my problems...
>
> Here I meant "socket()", of course, and after doing a bit more of
> debugging, this is indeed where tds fails. socket() return "22", invalid
> argument, but i cannot see why. The defines supplied are indeed what
> they should be.

In case it's any consolation, everything you're saying is consistent. The
socket(2) call is returning an error, and the log file shows no packets
sent. :-/

One question might be, how is mingw different from VC++ wrt socket(2)?
Does mingw introduce its own socket() function? Or does config.h not
indicate you're building on a Win32 platform? I think the problem lies in
that vicinity, because we have working VC++ builds.

HTH. I'd be happy to see mingw added to our list of working compilers.