freetds - RE: [freetds] status and stability

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David (CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] status and stability
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:39:19 +0800

You seem to have found the same man-pages I was using :)
I don't even have a /usr/lib/nls/loc/iconvTable on my system.
I thought perhaps some standard conversions might be handled
internally, so I tried running iconv with some of the standards
mentioned in the man pages, such as UTF-8, but got the message
"cannot open converter".
When I ran iconv under sctrace it tried opening the conversion
files, algorithmic and table, from /usr/lib/nls/loc and also
from /etc/nls/loc, and failed when none were found.

A machine with an older version of DU had even less converters
to choose from (1 !) and my US-based systems appear to be
offline at present, but there is probably an install kit that
adds the extra converters somewhere, I'll check in the factory
later.

As to what I require, it worked fine for me without all this
iconv stuff, I'm happy for it just to go away :)))

David