freetds - [freetds] php ms-sql image type retrieval problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Will Saxon" <WillS AT housing.ufl.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] php ms-sql image type retrieval problem
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:35:39 -0400

Hello,

I have been working for a short while trying to extend a small web
application we have to store images in an SQL database. While the insertion
script seems to work, attempting retrieval causes PHP to crash with a bus
error "error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow." - which I
believe is actually FreeTDS complaining, not PHP.

I have the PHP magic_quote_runtime, _gpc and _sybase turned on for the
script. I have (almost) successfully used a text type field to store this
data (seems to get truncated for some reason) so I believe my code is at
least partially correct.

I have found 1 message in the archive from December that indicates all quotes
have to be quoted and NULL characters stripped at some point to keep this
from happening. Will this not corrupt my output? I am not sure if the NULL
character is valid or necessary for the file formats I am using (in this
instance .png).

-Will