freetds - RE: [freetds] php ms-sql image type retrieval problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] php ms-sql image type retrieval problem
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:47:11 +0200

> Hello,
>
> I have been working for a short while trying to extend a
> small web application we have to store images in an SQL
> database. While the insertion script seems to work,
> attempting retrieval causes PHP to crash with a bus error
> "error_handler: Data-conversion resulted in overflow." -
> which I believe is actually FreeTDS complaining, not PHP.

What API are you using? mssql, ct-lib or dblib ?
How do you compile php ?
ct-lib have problem, you should get php 4.3.0 or later (previous have buffer
overflow problems and others)
Also get FreeTDS 0.61 version (latest).

> I have the PHP magic_quote_runtime, _gpc and _sybase turned
> on for the script. I have (almost) successfully used a text
> type field to store this data (seems to get truncated for
> some reason) so I believe my code is at least partially correct.
>
> I have found 1 message in the archive from December that
> indicates all quotes have to be quoted and NULL characters
> stripped at some point to keep this from happening. Will this
> not corrupt my output? I am not sure if the NULL character is
> valid or necessary for the file formats I am using (in this
> instance .png).
>
> -Will

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."