freetds - RE: [freetds] Moving from protocol TDS 4.2 to 7.0 -> French char acters problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Philippe PAULEAU <ppauleau AT cartesis.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Moving from protocol TDS 4.2 to 7.0 -> French char acters problem
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:51:22 +0200

Some news:
i'm using freetds 0.61 and mandrake 9.0 ( ie redhat )

root /usr/local/freetds/bin #./tsql -S jupiter -U forum
locale is
"LC_CTYPE=fr_FR;LC_NUMERIC=fr_FR;LC_TIME=fr_FR;LC_COLLATE=fr_FR;LC_MONETARY=
fr_FR;LC_MESSAGES=fr_FR;LC_PAPER=fr_fr;LC_NAME=fr_fr;LC_ADDRESS=fr_fr;LC_TEL
EPHONE=fr_fr;LC_MEASUREMENT=fr_fr;LC_IDENTIFICATION=fr_fr"
charset is "ISO-8859-15"

i've tried to change
client charset = ISO-8859-15 ( also with ISO-8859-1 )
in freetds.conf

but this did not help

What is this -C option for tsql and how to debug the
char conversion ?

./tsql: invalid option -- C
<password> ] [ -I <config file> ]

Perhaps i have to build TDS in debug mode ?