freetds - Re: [freetds] configure change, enabling parameter binding

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • Cc: freetds mailing list <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] configure change, enabling parameter binding
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 12:10:59 -0500

Where can I found documentation for Mac OS X charsets handling ?

I've written a basic version of iconv for the Mac that only takes up 7 K of space (with debugging symbols), as compared to over 1 MB for libiconv. The one problem is that it has to make a copy of the data to convert to add a BOM at the start -- that's the only way to tell the converter if the data is in little endian format.

It looks like it will work for FreeTDS, but I need to test it some more. If it works, I'll probably figure out some way to add it to libreplacements if libiconv isn't installed.

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin