freetds - RE: [freetds] configure change, enabling parameter binding

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] configure change, enabling parameter binding
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:27:12 -0500

At 1:31 PM -0500 3/5/2003, Lowden, James K wrote:
tsql and freebcp don't compile? Can I help? I think tsql has helped many
people confirm their installations.

Hummm, tsql use to have problems compiling, but now it works. Same with pool. Something must have changed in freetds in the last month, or the latest Mac OS X update included changes so that it now works.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to have the option to disable compiling them.

> I need to get ct_param working for normal queries. Does anyone know
what this involves?

What do you mean by "normal queries"? The dbrpc* functions pass parameters
for stored procedures to libtds. We don't take advantage of TDS 5.0's
cleaner arrangement; we rely on Freddy's dynamic work instead.
I think passing parameters to stored procedures via ct_params would be a
straightforward reinterpretation of the dblib rpc functions.

Nothing to do with stored procedures, but for sending queries like "insert into foo values (@val1, @val2)" with a couple of values bound via ct_param.

The Open Client C Programmer's Guide calls these "language commands" as opposed to "dynamic SQL commands" and "RPC commands".

"They that can give up essential liberty
Mark J. Lilback to obtain a little temporary safety
<mark AT lilback.com> deserve neither liberty or safety."
http://www.lilback.com/ -- Benjamin Franklin