freetds - Re: [freetds] The old MSSQL from Linux...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Shawn Greene <sgreene AT azorus.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] The old MSSQL from Linux...
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 09:11:48 -0400

What error and what version of linux?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Poulson, Shawn" <shawn.poulson AT sap.com>
To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: [freetds] The old MSSQL from Linux...

> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to do the near impossible... access MSSQL from a Linux box.
This is one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in Linux.
Recompiling the kernel is easier than this.

> I've read quite a bit and attempted this a few times. I read up on
freetds.org, iodbc.org, and CPAN perl modules DBD::Sybase and DBD::ODBC.

> I can compile and install FreeTDS fine, but I cannot get the DBD::Sybase
or DBD::ODBC to install correctly.

> For DBD::Sybase I did EXACTLY as the POD doc tells me to, and the 'make
test' portion fails miserably on some error.

> For DBD::ODBC it keeps thinking I'm using udbc, eventhough I've set SYBASE
and ODBCHOME to /usr/local/freetds. If I try a make anyway, it fails trying
to link to -ludbc.