freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback
  • Date: 13 Jan 2003 22:19:23 +0100

Il lun, 2003-01-13 alle 21:37, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:28:11PM +0100, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:
> >
> > > If there's consensus that the structure should not be public, that's
> > > fine -- hiding the structure would also be an ABI change, so
> > > one way or
> > > another, 0.61 will release with libct.so.1. :)
>
> > Yesterday I tried to compile sqsh with CVS version and worked without
> > problems...
> > Perhaps problem is you updated ctlib (so file) without recompiling sqsh ?
>
> Er... yes. Are you suggesting that it's not a bug in FreeTDS when a
> library calling itself libct.so.0 is binary-incompatible with previous
> versions of that library?
>
> Except when pulling from CVS between releases, I should never have to
> recompile sqsh when a new version of FreeTDS is installed. If I do, the
> library versioning is broken.

No, with library you are right.
I only tough that you were recompiling sqsh the time you open the
thread. However sqsh work with Sybase CTLib and Sybase CTLib headers do
not export CS_CONTEXT (or other) internal structure, so the problem is
not CS_CONTEXT related...

I think we should remove some structure declaration (move to a
ctprivate.h or similar) and perhaps the need for tds.h (I think this
header was used only for type declaration but all type declaration are
now in another header)