freetds - Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How to set locales.conf in spanish
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:34:52 -0600

Dave,

> > You can always call setlocale() with a specific locale value, instead of
> > defaulting to the environment settings. This is portable to all
> > non-broken implementations of setlocale(). :)

> Thanks, do you know if v0.60 pays enough attention to locale for this to
> make a difference in the error messages passed back to the server?

Unfortunately, no; 0.60 doesn't do anything useful with the system locale
settings. I'm mostly talking about the way things /should/ be. However,
to the extent that 0.60's locale support does work, you should be able to
change your $LANG setting from within the process on most platforms; it's
just that this results in a small memory leak on some platforms, a
problem that POSIX doesn't let us work around portably.

HTH,
--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer