freetds - Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Re: \connect: Unable to install message callback
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:37:26 -0600

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 12:28:11PM +0100, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> > If there's consensus that the structure should not be public, that's
> > fine -- hiding the structure would also be an ABI change, so
> > one way or
> > another, 0.61 will release with libct.so.1. :)

> Yesterday I tried to compile sqsh with CVS version and worked without
> problems...
> Perhaps problem is you updated ctlib (so file) without recompiling sqsh ?

Er... yes. Are you suggesting that it's not a bug in FreeTDS when a
library calling itself libct.so.0 is binary-incompatible with previous
versions of that library?

Except when pulling from CVS between releases, I should never have to
recompile sqsh when a new version of FreeTDS is installed. If I do, the
library versioning is broken.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer