freetds - Re: [freetds] ctlib enhancements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ctlib enhancements
  • Date: 08 Jan 2003 08:25:15 -0800

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 02:27, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> All,
>
> recently we have done a lot of work on the dblib api, and we are now in a
> very good position with respect to our coverage of the commonly used
> functionality.
>
> I think it is time to devote some time to the ct/cs library api's in order
> to imoprove our coverage of those api functions.
> I am prepared to devote a reasonable amount of time to filling some of the
> gaps, but I would like my time to be as focussed as possioble, in order to
> get the maximum benefit for the largest number of people.
>
> I've got the TODO list for ct-library, viz:
>
> . cs_calc and cs_cmp, for sybperl

Nice to have, but I don't think it's widely used.

> . DBD::Sybase uses the ct_command(CS_RPC_CMD) and ct_param()
> . ct_get/send_data()
> . ct_option() calls (CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, among others)

Both of these are really useful.

> . Array binding for ctlib not working

I don't use it (though that of course does not mean that it's not useful
:-)

> . async function, async calls (dbpoll() and friends)

Interesting - but look at the async programing model for CTlib - it has
some twists.

> . bcp support to ctlib

Useful for completeness, although if the functionality is really the
same as the DBlib version then it's not urgent (Sybase's libblk library
is needed to load data to tables with DOL locking schemes, for example).

> . support all type of bind in ct_bind (CS_VARBINARY_TYPE and other)
> search "site:.sybase.com CS_VARBINARY ct_bind" on google for more info
> . support ct_command/CS_SEND_DATA_CMD, now crash

I guess that's part of the support of ct_send_data(), above.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler