freetds - RE: [freetds] ctlib enhancements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ctlib enhancements
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:47:09 +0100

> All,
>
> recently we have done a lot of work on the dblib api, and we
> are now in a
> very good position with respect to our coverage of the commonly used
> functionality.
>
> I think it is time to devote some time to the ct/cs library
> api's in order
> to imoprove our coverage of those api functions.
> I am prepared to devote a reasonable amount of time to
> filling some of the
> gaps, but I would like my time to be as focussed as
> possioble, in order to
> get the maximum benefit for the largest number of people.

Hi Bill
this sound great !

> I've got the TODO list for ct-library, viz:
>
> . cs_calc and cs_cmp, for sybperl
> . DBD::Sybase uses the ct_command(CS_RPC_CMD) and ct_param()
> . ct_get/send_data()
> . ct_option() calls (CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, among others)

I think this stuff came from Michael Peppler (author of DBD::Sybase). Some
are quite easy, and useful (DBD::Sybase is largely used).

> . Array binding for ctlib not working
> . support ct_command/CS_SEND_DATA_CMD, now crash

I don't know.

> . async function, async calls (dbpoll() and friends)

I think a thread should be opened for this. Even ODBC have async...

> . bcp support to ctlib

We should move bcp code to libtds.
Mmmm... not at this state... or we should post 0.61 release ?

> . support all type of bind in ct_bind (CS_VARBINARY_TYPE and other)
> search "site:.sybase.com CS_VARBINARY ct_bind" on google
> for more info

I added this note. Only for completeness. I don't think is very useful...

> which is a reasonable amount of work (!), but I'd like to
> canvass opinion on
> which improvements would give us the most bang for the buck.
> If anyone has any news/views on :
>
> which pieces of work would be most useful (whether they are
> in this list or
> not), and why...
> any work in progress on ct/cslib...
>
> Freddy - could you tell me the state of play with regards to
> the RPC support
> within ctlib ?

Nothing. I fixed some core using DBD::Sybase (from DBD::Sybase tests) but
nothing more...
I'm focused on ODBC... there are many things to do, so I work only on libtds
and ODBC, the only exceptions are when I need to change libtds and this
change require dblib/ctlib/other update and for fix a bug.

freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."