freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nick Gorham <nick AT easysoft.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 16:21:32 +0000

Steve Langasek wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 05:04:14PM +0100, Stefan Radman wrote:

not build a second one but update the current one and move it back to where
it belongs - FreeTDS.

What do you mean, "back" where it belongs? I don't think it ever came
from FreeTDS to begin with, and in any case, the unixODBC distribution
makes a good central distribution point for all driver setup libs. It
would be a royal PITA if I had to start tracking two different tds setup
libs within Debian to know which one works better with FreeTDS this week.

I would appreciate it if the setup libs could all be kept with unixODBC
-- or, if it's to be moved within the FreeTDS tree, if it would be given
a distinct name from the unixODBC setup lib (which I believe was first
written for use with Sybase or another TDS ODBC driver) so that it's
easier to transition from one to the other.

Ok, decide what you want, and tell me.

--
Nick Gorham
Easysoft Limited http://www.easysoft.com