freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:16:53 -0600

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 05:04:14PM +0100, Stefan Radman wrote:
> not build a second one but update the current one and move it back to where
> it belongs - FreeTDS.

What do you mean, "back" where it belongs? I don't think it ever came
from FreeTDS to begin with, and in any case, the unixODBC distribution
makes a good central distribution point for all driver setup libs. It
would be a royal PITA if I had to start tracking two different tds setup
libs within Debian to know which one works better with FreeTDS this week.

I would appreciate it if the setup libs could all be kept with unixODBC
-- or, if it's to be moved within the FreeTDS tree, if it would be given
a distinct name from the unixODBC setup lib (which I believe was first
written for use with Sybase or another TDS ODBC driver) so that it's
easier to transition from one to the other.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer