freetds - RE: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Radman <Stefan.Radman AT CTBTO.ORG>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] ODBCINSTGetProperties
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:45:44 +0100

> What do you mean, "back" where it belongs? I don't think it ever came
> from FreeTDS to begin with,

sorry if I offended anybody.
this was certainly my personal opinion that I developed out of
practical/technical (code maintenance) and not dogmatic reasons ;-)

> -- or, if it's to be moved within the FreeTDS tree, if it
> would be given
> a distinct name from the unixODBC setup lib

the setup lib included in unixODBC is called libtdsS.so and could stay as
general as it is and therefore always be compatible with any later one.
The one included in FreeTDS would be named libtdsodbcS.so (like its
brother/sister libtdsodbc.so)

> easier to transition from one to the other.

as easy as changing the "Setup=" statement in odbcinst.ini from libtdsS.so
to libtdsodbcS.so and back.
As long as the common set of keywords keeps a compatible meaning it should
not matter for the majority, which one they use.

Stefan