freetds - RE: [freetds] Some tds_* functions have changed in the last several weeks???

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Harrison, Bruce (CXO)" <Bruce.Harrison AT hp.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Some tds_* functions have changed in the last several weeks???
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:39:45 -0700

Hello James,

I'm still getting warnings during the build of tds. This is a
different issue. These are errors that are being displayed by the
compiler when I'm compiling my code (that uses the tds_* functions).
They are due to my code having 7 parameters to a function (based on the
tds.h file from Nov 22) and the current definition of the function (in
the tds.h file) now only has 6. Here is an example:

Error 181: "feeder.c", line 421 # Expected 6 argument(s) for "int
tds_convert(tds_context *,int,const char *,unsigned
int,int,conv_result *)"; had 7 instead.

Please don't mis-understand me on this. I'm very happy to be using
freetds and am very pleased with the responses to my questions posted to
this list! Although I've been coding for many years, I'm still a bit
new to this "open source" paradigm and was a little surprised when the
function definitions changed when the version didn't. I have no problem
changing my code to match the definitions in the current tds.h and
tdsconvert.h files.

Have a Great Day!

Bruce Harrison
Consultant