freetds - RE: [freetds] Some tds_* functions have changed in the last sever al weeks???

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Some tds_* functions have changed in the last sever al weeks???
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:17:43 -0500

Bruce,

I think what you're seeing is Frediano's response to your (friendly)
complaint about warnings from the aCC compiler. Either that, or he's
cleaning up similar warnings from Microsoft's compiler.

> It this documented somewhere?

Surely. The distribution includes a file "ChangeLog", containing a
meticulous recapitulation of changed files. In addition, the sources are in
CVS, which is accessible both anonymously and via the web.

> Below are a couple of examples that the compiler
> complained about in my code.

What means "complained"? There were warnings before; there should be fewer
now. If we broke something (errors) on your compiler, please post the error
messages (or a patch) so we can repair them. You seem to have one of the
fussier models out there, which can help us clean things up. For instance,
I don't know how to make gcc complain if an "unsigned char *" is passed to
strcpy(3). Not that I think it should, mind.

> Maybe I somehow got an old kit on 11/22/02???

I don't think so. Work is ongoing. We don't attempt to document (beyond
what I mentioned above) the changes to the tds library. It's there to help
us, and when it's being unhelpful, we change it without ceremony.

out such orders and/or instructions.