freetds - Re: PATCH - handle ODBC TXN options and emulate SQL GetStmtAttr with SQLGetStmtOption

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ZIGLIO Frediano <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafoneomnitel.it>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: PATCH - handle ODBC TXN options and emulate SQL GetStmtAttr with SQLGetStmtOption
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:43:32 +0100

> Hi Frediano,
>
> Looks like you have reformatted my change to use Tabs as a 4
> char indent

I indented using a single tab. This is the standard formatting we have
choosen (there is a long recent thread about this)

> - thus your application of my change looks like this on any 8 char tab
> device (e.g. printers, terminals etc):
>
> case SQL_SCROLL_CONCURRENCY:
> *uiInfoValue = SQL_SCCO_READ_ONLY;
> break;
> case SQL_TXN_CAPABLE:
> /* transaction for DML and DDL */
> *siInfoValue = SQL_TC_ALL;
> break;
> case SQL_DEFAULT_TXN_ISOLATION:
> *uiInfoValue = SQL_TXN_READ_COMMITTED;
> break;
>
> I know this can be an emotive subject, but I find that using
> real spaces
> rather than tabs helps avoid such problems. In support of
> this the rest
> of the odbc.c file seems to use 4 real space chars for indenting as
> well.

FreeTDS is coded using very different indentation combination (tab/no tab,
indentation of 2,3,4,5 or 8...).
For this reason recently we have approved a standard (tab of 8, indentation
of 8 with a single tab, end other things, see .indent.pro in src directory).
The intention is to reformat all code with such standard. Until them all
line I add/modify are formatted with new style (so in future there won't be
difference formatting those lines).

> Cheers,
> Alex.

bye
freddy77

"STRICTLY PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL

This message may contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact
the sender and delete all copies.
The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of
our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it."