freetds - RE: Problem building freetds --- gcc location

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kanneboina, Venkat" <VenkatKanneboina AT ca.slr.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: "'LowdenJK AT bernstein.com'" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>, "'John.Wilson AT savvis.net'" <John.Wilson AT savvis.net>
  • Subject: RE: Problem building freetds --- gcc location
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 13:37:06 -0800

Title: RE: RE: Problem building freetds --- gcc location

Hi James
I have tried with setting CC=/usr/local/bin/gcc    , it did not work.
As advised, I have given a portion of the  output of the configure command here:
Please take a look and advise.
Thanks much
Venkat

Script started on Mon Oct 28 13:16:29 2002
# ./configure --prefix=/mis2/freetds-0.60 --with-tdsver=7.0 --enable-msdblib^M
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes^M
checking for working aclocal... missing^M
checking for working autoconf... missing^M
checking for working automake... missing^M
checking for working autoheader... missing^M
checking for working makeinfo... missing^M
checking for gcc... (cached) cc^M
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes^M
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no^M
checking whether we are using GNU C... (cached) no^M
checking whether cc accepts -g... (cached) no^M
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) cc -E^M
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes^M

checking for non-GNU ld... (cached) /usr/bin/ld^M
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... (cached) no^M
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... (cached) -r^M
checking for BSD-compatible nm... (cached) /usr/bin/nm -p^M
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes^M
checking for executable suffix... (cached) no^M
checking for objdir... .libs^M
checking for cc option to produce PIC... none^M
checking if cc static flag -Wl,-a -Wl,archive works... (cached) yes^M
finding the maximum length of command line arguments... (cached) 393217^M
checking if cc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes^M
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes^M
checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... relink^M
done^M
# exit^M

script done on Mon Oct 28 13:17:06 2002

*************************************
Venkat,

See line 869 or so of configure:

Some influential environment variables:
CC C compiler command
CFLAGS C compiler flags
LDFLAGS linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
nonstandard directory <lib dir>
CPPFLAGS C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if you have
headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
CPP C preprocessor

I think this might output of a more recent version of autoconf, but is $CC
set to anything, and/or does setting it to /usr/local/bin/
gcc help?

If you post the 20 or so lines of configure's output leading up to the first
error, that might shed some light on what's going on. script(1) is your
friend here.

Regards,

--jkl