freetds - RE: Problem building freetds --- gcc location

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Wilson, John" <John.Wilson AT savvis.net>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Problem building freetds --- gcc location
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:49:11 -0500

Title: Problem building freetds --- gcc location
Venkat,
I assume you have root on this server.  If you don't already have gcc installed, then you might consider installing it in /usr/local.  I've not installed gcc for a while, but I think that is the default location.  Regardless of where you install it, make sure the PATH environment variable is set to look in /usr/local/bin, or whatever ~/bin dir you install it in.

The FreeTDS Makefile generated by the Makefile.PL will use this path to find gcc.
jd