freetds - Re: dsnless

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Sven Köhler <skoehler AT upb.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dsnless
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:02:33 +0200

Before continue with params problem I intend to implement dsnless in
odbc and be able to not use freetds.conf. The big deal is tds_connect.
tds_connect accept a TDSLOGIN and then retrieve configuration option
from freetds.conf using login info. For supporting all configuration in
odbc.ini tds_connect should accept TDSCONFIGINFO instead of TDSLOGIN.

In such way I can fill a TDSCONFIGINFO from odbc with all needed options
and do a connect without use the freetds.conf.

Do i need a freetds.conf when using ODBC?
Any option which applies to a server should be abled to be within the ODBC-DSN.

I would also recomm, to extend the ODBC-chapter of the manual, because i could not find any good/complete list of paramters that i can specifiy in my odbc.ini or DSN-file
(or am i just to dump to find it?)