freetds - dsnless

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: dsnless
  • Date: 13 Oct 2002 22:15:23 +0200

Yes, is dsnless, not dnsless :)

Before continue with params problem I intend to implement dsnless in
odbc and be able to not use freetds.conf. The big deal is tds_connect.
tds_connect accept a TDSLOGIN and then retrieve configuration option
from freetds.conf using login info. For supporting all configuration in
odbc.ini tds_connect should accept TDSCONFIGINFO instead of TDSLOGIN.

In such way I can fill a TDSCONFIGINFO from odbc with all needed options
and do a connect without use the freetds.conf.