freetds - RE: Coding question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steve Langasek <vorlon AT netexpress.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Coding question
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 09:11:18 -0500

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 02:06:18PM +0200, ZIGLIO Frediano wrote:

> > In tds.h.in there are som os dependensies such as:

> > typedef @int64@ TDS_INT8; /* 64 bit integer */

> > How would you like me to do for the win32 (no, not cygwin) version?

> > Something like

> > #ifdef WIN32
> > typedef __int64 TDS_INT8; /* 64 bit integer */
> > #else
> > typedef @int64@ TDS_INT8; /* 64 bit integer */
> > #endif

> > or should I create a special header file just for win32?

> I think so, or perhaps we should split this file (configure related and
> not)...

The file should really be split anyway; there's no real reason to have
two header files processed by autoconf (like we do now), with large
amounts of non-autoconf-specific code in them as well.

Put all the autoconf-mangled stuff in one header file, with everything
else in other files. Among other things, this makes it easier for
Win32 developers to see what they need to port.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer