freetds - RE: WARNING: update your autoconf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: WARNING: update your autoconf
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:35:19 +0800

Thanks again, Freddy, thats great, works now.

Brings up something that puzzles me, though.
I'm using a common freetds source directory, with separate
build trees on Linux and Tru64 systems. I thought that the
source tree would remain constant, same "configure" file,
as this is how a normal (non-CVS) distribution would be
packaged.
And I'm using AutoConf 2.54, again built from common source,
on each of the platforms.
However when I build with autogen.sh, I get a different
"configure" script in the freetds source directory depending
whether I build on Linux or Tru64, with the one built on Tru64
being 400086 bytes and the Linux-built one 412606 bytes.

I don't know whether this means I should always re-autogen
on each platform before building, surely that wouldn't make
sense as then distribution kits built on one platform would
only work correctly on the same platform, which isn't the
case. Any AutoConf guru pearls of wisdom here ?

David