freetds - RE: WARNING: update your autoconf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Varley, David(CBorn at Alcoa)" <David.Varley AT alcoa.com.au>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: WARNING: update your autoconf
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:13:21 +0800

Nick,

I've been using autoconf 2.53 for some time, and when the latest CVS code
started to complain about macro errors I harked back to you email, and
upgraded to 2.54.

Now something else broke. I configure with a line like:

../freetds/configure --with-unixodbc=../unixODBC [other options]

which now started to complain that it couldn't find ../unixODBC/lib,
which it couldn't, as ../unixODBC was the source/build directory.
Now I'm wondering if I've always had this wrong, and just been
lucky that its built in the past? I tried --with-unixodbc (no -xxx)
and got the complaint that "yes/lib" couldn't be found, and then I
used --with-unixodbc=/usr/local and things built once more.

So, is it the case that the unixodbc DIR parameter should be the
directory that holds the lib directory that holds the unixODBC
libs when built? I had always assumed that it was used for picking
header information from the source, but not perhaps the docs could
made more explicit ?

Regards,

David