freetds - RE: Noob to FreeTDS and connectivity to MS SQL 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Schott" <schotty AT wi.rr.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Noob to FreeTDS and connectivity to MS SQL 6.5
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 20:20:56 -0400

Thaks much for the reply!

I am assuming that there MUST be a tcp socket listening, and that there is
no way that I can configure FreeTDS to do piping?

My boss is the Asst DBA (hes the CIO) and the programmer is essntially the
DBA. He costs money. Although I may be able to smooze him into it. I am
quite reluctant to touch the server until I am fully competent on the
change not being harmful, etc.