freetds - RE: mssql, dynamic query and strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Thompson" <thompbil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: mssql, dynamic query and strings
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:37:35 -0400

james,

I sent that last mail before I'd finished. here's what else I had to
say...

there's an even higher level of dblibrary function that calls dbnextrow()
and need to interpret compute data, such as dbprrow() and dbspr1row().
I've finished these as well. In particular dbprrow() now exhibits
identical behaviour to its Sybase counterpart.

I am still working on the dblibrary functionality that allows the user to
buffer data.
Our current implementation only works for data rows that are all of the
same result "shape".
The compute data throws this assumption out of the window unfortunately.

I've started to look at ct-library, but I am coming to the conclusion that
there may have to be wholesale changes here to get us closer to the
specification.
This will, I reckon, take some time - the trouble with ct-library is you
find that to do one thing properly, you have to put in place about another
5 dependent areas of functionality...

As you can gather, The trouble with this little project is that it is
gradually spreading it's tentacles all over the code....

I am working on the 0.60 code without updates or patches.
When I'm more ready to hand this all back, I will get a more recent
snapshot, and merge the changes in myself, to save you all the trouble.

With Freddy's , Nick's and Brian's changes as well, I reckon we may be
loooking at 0.70 rather than 0.61 !

Also, I know nothing about sourceforge/CVS. I am behind a firewall as you
know, so I'm not sure if that makes things difficult...

Bill