freetds - RE: coding advice, please...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: coding advice, please...
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:49:57 +0100

hey brian,

I have had to add a couple of bits and pieces to the TDSSOCKET already
(including a counter similar to the one you suggest), but it doesn't get us
round these issues - the compute rows piece was a bit more complicated than
it looked at first sight. First up, for each query you process, you not only
get 1 normal resultinfo message, you can get any number of varied resultinfo
messages - one for each COMPUTE clause on the query . You don't know how
many of these you're going to get until you read them.
Then as you process the rows, you get COMPUTE rows for any or all of the
COMPUTE clauses as the "breaks" in the "report" happen. You then have to tie
these back to the relevant resultinfo message using the "compute id" you get
on each row. phew!

But you didn't *really* want to know any of that did you ?
Hope all is well with your other project :-)

Bill