freetds - RE: coding advice, please...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: coding advice, please...
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:01:51 -0400

Bill,

Since you asked , I'll agree with Steve, since he's so agreeable.

The simple fact is, as I see it, that tds_process_row_tokens() has more to
say than yea/nae, so it should say it. Making libtds better is good.
Omelettes and eggs and all that.

While I don't advocate gratuitous changes to libtds, neither should we let
the tail wag the dog. It's there for us, to help us create the client APIs,
and anything we do to it toward that end will benefit many people, 1000
times more (I mean that literally) people than those inconvenienced. We can
make it work now and make excuses later. :)

BTW, I think your compute-row handling may overlap with Frediano's output
parameter handling. Cf. dbretdata(). I don't know what you'll find on the
wire; I'm speculating.

original message. Please note that for certain accounts we do not accept
orders and/or instructions by e-mail, and for those accounts we will not be
responsible for carrying out such orders and/or instructions. Kindly refrain
from sending orders or instructions by e-mail unless you have confirmed that
we accept such communications for your account. Please also note that to
satisfy regulatory requirements we review the outgoing and incoming e-mail
correspondence of staff members serving certain functions.