freetds - Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stan Liberman <stan AT vailsys.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions
  • Date: 12 Sep 2002 15:29:45 -0500

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 15:01, Lowden, James K wrote:
> [...]

Is it possible that it requires some newer/different versions of
automake, autoconf, or libtool?

I also have libtool installed in my home directory, since I don't have
root privileges on the server, and we don't use much of the OSS except
for FreeTDS.

(solaris) stan@sipdev2 $ ./autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`./autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
Running libtoolize...
You should add the contents of
`/export/home/stan/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
Running aclocal ...
aclocal: configure.in: 21: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
Running autoheader...
configure.in:123: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
Running automake --gnu --include-deps ...
configure.in: 21: required file `./ltconfig' not found
configure.in: 8: required file `include/config.h.in' not found
src/tds/Makefile.am:6: variable `LIBICONV' not defined
src/dblib/Makefile.am:12: variable `LIBICONV' not defined
src/ctlib/Makefile.am:7: variable `LIBICONV' not defined
src/odbc/Makefile.am:22: variable `LIBICONV' not defined
src/odbc/Makefile.am:22: variable `LIBICONV' not defined
Running autoconf ...
configure.in:46: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:47: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:48: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:49: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:50: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:51: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:52: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:53: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:123: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:208:AC_caolan_FUNC_WHICH_GETHOSTBYNAME_R
configure.in:209:AC_raf_FUNC_WHICH_GETSERVBYNAME_R
configure.in:210:AC_tds_FUNC_WHICH_GETHOSTBYADDR_R
configure.in:41:AC_HAVE_INADDR_NONE
Running ./configure ...
./configure: syntax error at line 537: `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' unexpected

--
Regards,
Stan