freetds - Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stan Liberman <stan AT vailsys.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: configure unable to find reentrant functions
  • Date: 12 Sep 2002 14:45:02 -0500

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 14:02, Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> Il gio, 2002-09-12 alle 19:57, Stan Liberman ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've just downloaded the release version and my attempts to build it are
> > consistently failing.
> > When I run
> > ./configure --enable-threadsafe
> > I see the following lines:
> >
> > checking threadsafety... enabled
> > checking for which type of gethostbyname_r... checking for
> > gethostbyname_r... no
> > no
> > checking for getservbyname_r... checking for getservbyname_r... no
> > no
> > checking for which type of gethostbyaddr_r... checking for
> > gethostbyaddr_r... no
> > no
> > done
> >

> > If I try to compile, it bombs building threadsafe.o saying:
> >
> > threadsafe.c:94:2: #error gethostbyname_r style unknown
> > threadsafe.c:119:2: #error gethostbyaddr_r style unknown
> > threadsafe.c:144:2: #error getservbyname_r style unknown
> >

> > I build on Solaris 5.8 on Intel.
> >
> Fixed in CVS (seconds ago... if you don't have CVS access you have to
> wait tomorrow)
> Tested on sf (I can't do full test, only compile and check that tests do
> not core, but they cannot connect...)
> Problem was that in configure we try to compile without adding network
> library to link, so it fail to compile.

I'm afraid the fix didn't help.
I just checked out the latest version from the CVS, and since I'm having
problems with building checked out stuff, I simply replaced the
acinclude.m4 in the unpacked released version. I still see the same
warnings from autoconf, and same errors during compilation.

--
Regards,
Stan